Luxurious Loft Conversions with Dormer Roofs
Loft conversions with a dormer roof from Ian’s Property Maintenance is one of the best ways to maximise your home’s living space.
You can extend your roof up to 50m3 (or 40m3 for terraced housing) under Permitted Development rights which means you won’t need to apply for planning permission.
We would recommend contacting your local planning office or check with a qualified surveyor just to be sure. For a loft conversion, you will need to acquire Building Regulations approval where a building control surveyor will need to inspect at various stages and issue a completion certificate when finished.
Now it’s time to choose which dormer roof will suit your home, here are five types to choose from:
- Single Dormer – Favoured by homeowners in conservation areas, this roof can also be doubled to increase space and symmetry.
- Full-Width Dormer – A loft conversion designed to achieve a different feel to any other and maximise space.
- Side Dormer – The side dormer increases head height with a hipped roof with access to the loft located under that hip.
- L-Shape Dormer – Very popular on Victorian properties the L-Shape dormer provides a significant amount of space in your new loft space.
- Hip-to Gable – This involves one or more of the hips being replaced with a gable wall where the roof slopes in from the side plus the front and the back. The roof is then extended over these gables to provide extra headroom.
Extend Your Home with Ian’s Property Maintenance
While being the leading providers of property maintenance in Stafford, Ian’s Property Maintenance work on a host of other home improvements such as dormer roofs, guttering and kitchen fitting. Our team of specialists have over a decade of experience so if you’d like to work with us to transform the look of your home please get in touch today.